A tasty, low-fat alternative to normal baked spuds! Sally uses Rooster potatoes for it, as their red skin bakes perfectly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Wash the potatoes, without piercing the skins, and pop them in the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and crush them with a flat potato masher. Don’t mash them completely – just break the skins down a little.
- Now spray with the oil and sprinkle with the black pepper and crushed garlic. If you don’t have a spray, use no more than one tablespoon of oil.
- Finally add the capers – these will give a sharpness instead of using salt.
- Pop them back in the oven for a final 20 minutes until gnarled and golden on top.